Steels 2 v 4 Guisley

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Steels 2 v 4 Guisley

Post  Garth Revitt on Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:45 am

Well, what can you say?? Nuff said!! pale
avatar
Garth Revitt
Reserve Squad
Reserve Squad

Posts : 71
Join date : 2009-12-29
Location : Stocksbridge

Back to top Go down

Re: Steels 2 v 4 Guisley

Post  Tops on Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:13 am

Well what to say its easy this one, for the first 20-30 mins we played some good stuff but once Guisley found there feet they totally out played us, there passing game was excellent every ball they played went stright to there player for me they are the best footballing side we have played this season. So on a whole yes disapointed but i thought that at times we were showing signs of marked improvement hope that some of the injurys we have clear up and we get a decent run to the end of season.
avatar
Tops
Under 18
Under 18

Posts : 14
Join date : 2010-03-10
Location : Mars

Back to top Go down

Steels 2 v 4 Guiseley

Post  Tim Malloy on Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:34 am

What the opposition thought, taken from Guiseley AFC Forum.
Re: STOCKSBRIDGE PARK STEELS v GUISELEY
Reply #59 Yesterday at 11.41pm

nik
We gave them a two goal head start, the liner took another off us with a terrible offside after their player had headed it loose, Simon Johnson is the real deal, Briggs can pass as well as tackle, whatever it says above the "1" on his shirt their keeper's name isn't really Steels, we CAN play well without a single tall midfielder/forward if we keep it on the deck and their centre backs are still the two least mobile players I've seen in this league.


My view is that for fourth time in five games, the opposition added another player to their midfield (after going 2-0 down last night) and ended up swamping us, taking back the game and ending by far the better side. We on the other hand, seem incapable of changing tactics. Missed Tonks and Stirrup last night, Johnson was already offside when our defender headed it, for their disallowed goal and Rudd, should have gone for the over the top challenge on Ratcliffe. Top two have now taken 12 points off us, in fact, apart from a win against Boston, all we have managed are 4 draws against the ten sides currently above us. Anyone still think this side can beat anyone in this league, on their day. Rolling Eyes

Tim Malloy
Under 18
Under 18

Posts : 45
Join date : 2010-03-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Steels 2 v 4 Guisley

Post  Gward on Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:58 am

Besy team won simple has nothing falling for us at the moment
avatar
Gward
First Team Sub
First Team Sub

Posts : 249
Join date : 2009-12-16
Age : 34
Location : Burncross

Back to top Go down

Re: Steels 2 v 4 Guisley

Post  Uncle Dolf on Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:44 am

two quick goals by the steels cought them cold last night but once they sorted themselfs out it was all Guisley, there one touch football was verry good and there vision off the ball was excerlant, like it's been said best footballing side iv seen at Bracken Moor this season. Sad
avatar
Uncle Dolf
Under 18
Under 18

Posts : 42
Join date : 2010-03-08
Age : 44
Location : Stocksbridge

Back to top Go down

Re: Steels 2 v 4 Guisley

Post  David Bradley on Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:46 am

Definately beaten by a better team last night. They exposed Hall big time in the second half and a lot there stuff went down that side. Maybe we need a bigger squad has when we brought on subs nothing changed. Don't know about you guys we could have done with someone like Dave Cockerill running at the defence and pushing them back( just like he did against Kendal) We certantly didn't have ant of that last night.
avatar
David Bradley
First Teamer
First Teamer

Posts : 495
Join date : 2009-12-16
Age : 42
Location : Stocksbridge

Back to top Go down

Re: Steels 2 v 4 Guisley

Post  Admin on Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:07 pm

To be fair we were under strength with Scott, Tonks, Stirrup, Ward and Vardy out. The offside decision was spot on as i tried to explain to a few Guiseley fans who didn't want to hear. It didn't matter it the defender headed the ball on or picked it up and ran with it the player is off side when its played not when he receives it, also the liners flag went straight up so no argument there.

And to answer Tim we aren't doing bad considering our budget if we had Guiseley's, Bradfords or Boston's budget I would expect us to be up there however and we are winning the games against those below us which is far more important having only lost once to FC United and twice to Hucknall (both of which we should have won). At the begining of the season if you would have said with 5 games to go we would be in 11th place 18 points above the final relagation place everyone would have snatched your hand off.

_________________
My wife say's I love football more than her. I don't know how she can say that after we've been together for twelve season's.
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 399
Join date : 2009-12-09
Age : 45
Location : Stocksbridge

http://steelschat.mrforum.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Steels 2 v 4 Guisley

Post  Tim Malloy on Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:29 am

Admin wrote:
And to answer Tim we aren't doing bad considering our budget if we had Guiseley's, Bradfords or Boston's budget I would expect us to be up there however and we are winning the games against those below us which is far more important having only lost once to FC United and twice to Hucknall (both of which we should have won). At the begining of the season if you would have said with 5 games to go we would be in 11th place 18 points above the final relagation place everyone would have snatched your hand off.

No, I agree, we are not doing badly really, considering our budget. Maybe the support will be more tolerant and realistic, of our results therefore, when a new manager is appointed and allowed to build his own side, that just may be able to compete with the big money clubs in this league. With likes of Halifax, Chester and Harrogate possibly joining this league next season also, it's likely to be even more difficult in 2010/2011.

Tim Malloy
Under 18
Under 18

Posts : 45
Join date : 2010-03-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Steels 2 v 4 Guisley

Post  David Bradley on Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:05 am

Tim Malloy wrote:
Admin wrote:
And to answer Tim we aren't doing bad considering our budget if we had Guiseley's, Bradfords or Boston's budget I would expect us to be up there however and we are winning the games against those below us which is far more important having only lost once to FC United and twice to Hucknall (both of which we should have won). At the begining of the season if you would have said with 5 games to go we would be in 11th place 18 points above the final relagation place everyone would have snatched your hand off.

No, I agree, we are not doing badly really, considering our budget. Maybe the support will be more tolerant and realistic, of our results therefore, when a new manager is appointed and allowed to build his own side, that just may be able to compete with the big money clubs in this league. With likes of Halifax, Chester and Harrogate possibly joining this league next season also, it's likely to be even more difficult in 2010/2011.

Do you think we will increase the budget next season, as we have seen more people comming through the door, and quite large away fans comming to the ground. If everybody enjoys the clubhouse as much FCUM( oh and me drunken ) they might bring more next season.
avatar
David Bradley
First Teamer
First Teamer

Posts : 495
Join date : 2009-12-16
Age : 42
Location : Stocksbridge

Back to top Go down

Re: Steels 2 v 4 Guisley

Post  Tim Burr on Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:41 am

Tim Malloy wrote:
Admin wrote:
And to answer Tim we aren't doing bad considering our budget if we had Guiseley's, Bradfords or Boston's budget I would expect us to be up there however and we are winning the games against those below us which is far more important having only lost once to FC United and twice to Hucknall (both of which we should have won). At the begining of the season if you would have said with 5 games to go we would be in 11th place 18 points above the final relagation place everyone would have snatched your hand off.

No, I agree, we are not doing badly really, considering our budget. Maybe the support will be more tolerant and realistic, of our results therefore, when a new manager is appointed and allowed to build his own side, that just may be able to compete with the big money clubs in this league. With likes of Halifax, Chester and Harrogate possibly joining this league next season also, it's likely to be even more difficult in 2010/2011.

Tim, are you trying to say we weren't tolerant of Mr Collins?

I agree with you about the strength of the league next season, but it wouldn't surprise me though if more clubs struggle financially and therefore cut their budgets which may make the league more competitive.

Tim Burr
Under 18
Under 18

Posts : 43
Join date : 2010-03-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Steels 2 v 4 Guisley

Post  Tim Burr on Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:51 am

David Bradley wrote:
Tim Malloy wrote:
Admin wrote:
And to answer Tim we aren't doing bad considering our budget if we had Guiseley's, Bradfords or Boston's budget I would expect us to be up there however and we are winning the games against those below us which is far more important having only lost once to FC United and twice to Hucknall (both of which we should have won). At the begining of the season if you would have said with 5 games to go we would be in 11th place 18 points above the final relagation place everyone would have snatched your hand off.

No, I agree, we are not doing badly really, considering our budget. Maybe the support will be more tolerant and realistic, of our results therefore, when a new manager is appointed and allowed to build his own side, that just may be able to compete with the big money clubs in this league. With likes of Halifax, Chester and Harrogate possibly joining this league next season also, it's likely to be even more difficult in 2010/2011.

Do you think we will increase the budget next season, as we have seen more people comming through the door, and quite large away fans comming to the ground. If everybody enjoys the clubhouse as much FCUM( oh and me drunken ) they might bring more next season.

David, I thought the attendances were dwindling but I wonder if the committee will speculate on bigger attendances if the likes of Halifax and Chester join the league and increase the budget. I guess only time will tell.

Tim Burr
Under 18
Under 18

Posts : 43
Join date : 2010-03-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Steels 2 v 4 Guisley

Post  David Bradley on Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:30 am

Tim Burr wrote:
David Bradley wrote:
Tim Malloy wrote:
Admin wrote:
And to answer Tim we aren't doing bad considering our budget if we had Guiseley's, Bradfords or Boston's budget I would expect us to be up there however and we are winning the games against those below us which is far more important having only lost once to FC United and twice to Hucknall (both of which we should have won). At the begining of the season if you would have said with 5 games to go we would be in 11th place 18 points above the final relagation place everyone would have snatched your hand off.

No, I agree, we are not doing badly really, considering our budget. Maybe the support will be more tolerant and realistic, of our results therefore, when a new manager is appointed and allowed to build his own side, that just may be able to compete with the big money clubs in this league. With likes of Halifax, Chester and Harrogate possibly joining this league next season also, it's likely to be even more difficult in 2010/2011.

Do you think we will increase the budget next season, as we have seen more people comming through the door, and quite large away fans comming to the ground. If everybody enjoys the clubhouse as much FCUM( oh and me drunken ) they might bring more next season.

David, I thought the attendances were dwindling but I wonder if the committee will speculate on bigger attendances if the likes of Halifax and Chester join the league and increase the budget. I guess only time will tell.
They have dwindled towards the back end of the season, probably due to extreme cold and nothing to play for and some poor peformances but they are still better than last season, a few more home fans will do, but how are we going to get them into staduim, there is never any deals on like at some grounds, get them comming and the odd one might stay intrested. What about the teenages it would be nice to see more kids comming than sat outside the sports center or the spar, some complimentries to these people might bring them back, next time. Even if it doesn't it has not harmed anyone or finacilly hit the club and its good publicity, to get the kids off the streets and fill there time. Other ideas would send some tickets to the local schools, 1/2 price entry when you bring 1 adult and 1 child. My philophsy(can't spell) is to get them in the stadium where they will spend money. A raffle ticket a pound a programme £1.50 and refeshments and could have easily spent a £10 before they know it. This will cover the cost of entrance and you may get 10% comming back next week.
avatar
David Bradley
First Teamer
First Teamer

Posts : 495
Join date : 2009-12-16
Age : 42
Location : Stocksbridge

Back to top Go down

Re: Steels 2 v 4 Guisley

Post  Garth Revitt on Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:01 am

Some very good points there David, thats how I started watching the Steels quite a few years back, got a comp for my lad and myself and have been coming eversince, well watching the Steels if you know what I mean!! Wink
avatar
Garth Revitt
Reserve Squad
Reserve Squad

Posts : 71
Join date : 2009-12-29
Location : Stocksbridge

Back to top Go down

Re: Steels 2 v 4 Guisley

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum