Neil Harvey

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Neil Harvey

Post  Admin on Sat May 29, 2010 2:30 pm

Has left retford and joined Marine.

Retford could be heading for relegation at this rate with the players that are leaving

Admin

http://steelschat.mrforum.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Neil Harvey

Post  salkster on Sat May 29, 2010 3:16 pm

Last I heard Retford were lowering there budget which is why Duffield left. Could be a long season for them. Shame Very Happy
salkster
First Team Sub
First Team Sub

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun May 30, 2010 7:20 am

I heard they were owed quite a lot of wages. Which has happened quite a lot over the past few years, when they got promoted they weren't getting paid.

Admin

http://steelschat.mrforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Finchley Tiger on Sun May 30, 2010 3:45 pm

Admin wrote:I heard they were owed quite a lot of wages. Which has happened quite a lot over the past few years, when they got promoted they weren't getting paid.

Yes, players were not being paid, and as you quite rightly say this is not the first time it has happened. How do I know? My wife works with the partner of someone who played for Retford last season. It was also reported in the local press and Duffield stated he had no alternative but to resign because the players were not being paid.

At the recent fans forum, the fans were also told there was a tax bill of £150,000 that needs paying. It could be a long hard season for them.

They may be local rivals, however I feel very sad about their current situation. Retford are actually the nearest club to where I live now and I have been to many of their games as they have risen through the Central Midlands League, North Counties East League to the Unibond.

Friday was the closing date for applications for the managers job, it is vital they make the correct appointment.

Finchley Tiger
Reserve Squad
Reserve Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  Gward on Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:01 am

Injured for 3 months
Gward
First Team Sub
First Team Sub

Back to top Go down