Belper

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Belper

Post  Guest on Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:29 pm

Andy Carney was a good keeper and maybe a steels legend but he can't half spout crap take this one for instance

"With regard to the new faces, Italian born Alessandro Barcherini has signed from Carlton Town and he is a goalkeeper who is at least as good as Adam Ogden – and probably better"

What a load of balls, the only keeper near the quality of Ogden is the one who just left, Ben Scott. He also goes on to say.

“We came very close to getting promotion at the end of the 2008/09 season and then fell just short again last April, so it was obvious that the current squad hadn’t been good enough”, he explained.

“It was time for a clear out and for me to take a fresh look at what was needed and it will be a totally new look team for this coming season.”

Not what I'm hearing from my friends in the Belper area (not mr marrow before anyone get the wrong idea) I hear they went for it big time last year and the chairman has quite rightly cut the cloth accordingly this season to stop belper ending up like the fly by nights from retford.

Back to top Go down

Re: Belper

Post  Tim Burr on Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:32 am

I'm sure I read somewhere during last season that Carney had stated that Ogden was the best keeper in the Unibond leagues.........maybe he's having a memory lapse!

I must admit that to thinking that having to replace Ben Scott would be a huge problem but from what I'm hearing it looks like we have got a keeper of at least the same quality.

How many players have Belper lost then?

Tim Burr
Under 18
Under 18

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top