Steels 0 - Ashton 0

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Steels 0 - Ashton 0

Post  Admin on Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:37 pm

Can't remember the last goalless game at the look local, wasn't boring though and i think we deserved to win being honest as ashton ahd no interest in playing attacking football unless it was on the counter.

Muldoon had a good game and I think once the first goal comes a shed load will follow. Anyway well done lads a good point when most of the others in the league thought we would get a kicking.

Admin

http://steelschat.mrforum.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Steels 0 - Ashton 0

Post  David Bradley on Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:42 am

A clean sheet as well not seen many of these recently.
David Bradley
First Teamer
First Teamer

Back to top Go down

Post  Gward on Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:04 pm

They came here and just put ten men behind the wall unlocky not to get the win what we would have deserved
Gward
First Team Sub
First Team Sub

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim Burr on Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:20 am

Entertaining game for a 0-0 draw. Their keeper definitely kept them in the game with a number of very good saves, the one from Alex Callery towards the end was outstanding. Probably the best overall team performance I've seen this season.

Can't get to Marine unfortunately. Whoever drew up the fixture schedule should be given a map so they know where places are. Matlock on a Saturday and Marine midweek is complete madness! No

Tim Burr
Under 18
Under 18

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim Malloy on Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:02 pm

Tim Burr wrote: Whoever drew up the fixture schedule should be given a map so they know where places are. Matlock on a Saturday and Marine midweek is complete madness! No

Not really, considering that when we played them last season on a Saturday, their were only about 10 of us travelled, not including officials. Even less at Boston on Boxing Day. May be better for the players with jobs though.

Tim Malloy
Under 18
Under 18

Back to top Go down

Post  GM on Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:06 am

Tim Malloy wrote:
Tim Burr wrote: Whoever drew up the fixture schedule should be given a map so they know where places are. Matlock on a Saturday and Marine midweek is complete madness! No

Not really, considering that when we played them last season on a Saturday, their were only about 10 of us travelled, not including officials. Even less at Boston on Boxing Day. May be better for the players with jobs though.

Confused by your reasoning, did you manage to make it to Marine on Tuesday night Mr Malloy?

GM
Under 18
Under 18

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim Malloy on Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:57 pm

GM wrote:
Confused by your reasoning, did you manage to make it to Marine on Tuesday night Mr Malloy?

Reasoning being, not a criticism, just an observation, is that as we have very little travelling support, league are hardly likely to cater for the needs of the few who do.
No, didn't travel this season, cannot get to any away midweek games, unless within half hour drive from Attercliffe Common, where I work nights. I had to settle for the last half hour of the England match and last fifteen minutes of the Scotland match for my fix on Tuesday, but I suspect you already knew I wasn't at Arriva, if you bothered to read my post on the Marine thread, Mr.Marrow.

Tim Malloy
Under 18
Under 18

Back to top Go down

Post  GM on Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:49 am

Now I am confused by your observations........surely it's easier for players, officials and supporters to get to a mid week game at Matlock which is 45 minutes away than it is to get to Marine which took 2 1/2 hours by coach from Stocksbridge?

I did note that your post on the Marine game was at 23:11 whist you were 'working' Wink

GM
Under 18
Under 18

Back to top Go down

Post  David Bradley on Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:30 am

A fair few of us there on Tuesday at Marine and at Hucknall. Defo more than 10 Oh think I came back with the scouse accent Smile
David Bradley
First Teamer
First Teamer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top