FC United 1 - Steels 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

FC United 1 - Steels 4

Post  Admin on Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:41 am

Great performance today from the team. Oggie was amazing with the penalty saves the defense was rock solid. Great team performance.

Can't understand why the took rocca off he was their most dangerous player.

_________________
My wife say's I love football more than her. I don't know how she can say that after we've been together for twelve season's.
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 399
Join date : 2009-12-09
Age : 45
Location : Stocksbridge

http://steelschat.mrforum.net

Back to top Go down

Re: FC United 1 - Steels 4

Post  Garth Revitt on Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:41 pm

Hello all, long time no speak, mainly because certain peoples posts on here get me very, very angry. I’ve come out of retirement to comment on the last few games. Those of you who were lucky enough to witness the Marine game will know exactly what I mean when I say, one half was the worst I have seen the Steels play, then the next half was one of the best, how the hell does that work??? We came away in a mood as if we’d won, very strange?? Today against FCUM was magic, not to single players out but Oggy was tremendous between the posts, Haigh looked like he had been playing at the side of Brett for years and the back four as a group were solid and played extremely well. The new lad Dempsey slotted straight into the team and had a good game as did Hawesy. That was a total team performance today and was a pleasure to watch, well done lads. The last thing I posted was Gary would need a year to rebuild the team, after Collins had made a, (don’t swear Garth), err, pigs ear of our team, and then we would go for it. Well Gary’s done that in a few months with some very good signings indeed. Bring on the rest of the season I say. COME ON YOU MIGHTY STEELS!!!!

Very Happy
avatar
Garth Revitt
Reserve Squad
Reserve Squad

Posts : 71
Join date : 2009-12-29
Location : Stocksbridge

Back to top Go down

Re: FC United 1 - Steels 4

Post  Uncle Dolf on Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:45 pm

Verry strong performance by the lads today, looked a wee bit nervious for the first 15 mins of the match until we scored, against the run of play, but after that the lads settled and we started to control midfield and time after time we hit them on the break. great performance from Ogden between the sticks as was all the teams efforts today, well done to you all. UP THE MIGHTY STEELS. Laughing
avatar
Uncle Dolf
Under 18
Under 18

Posts : 42
Join date : 2010-03-08
Age : 44
Location : Stocksbridge

Back to top Go down

Re: FC United 1 - Steels 4

Post  Gward on Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:10 am

Priceless result best performance this year well done marow and the team
avatar
Gward
First Team Sub
First Team Sub

Posts : 249
Join date : 2009-12-16
Age : 34
Location : Burncross

Back to top Go down

Re: FC United 1 - Steels 4

Post  Admin on Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:19 am

Been on the FC Forum and out of 9 pages of comments only got one saying we played well. Typical Man U fans unab;e to congratulate the better team. One of the deluded comented on the ref was giving us everything, seems to forget they had two extremely soft penalties given to them. Ref wasn't to bad but was itimidated by the massive crowd.

To there credit though not one has called for the managers head even though he is tactically lacking in ideas, still can't understand why he took rocca off when he was the biggest threat.

_________________
My wife say's I love football more than her. I don't know how she can say that after we've been together for twelve season's.
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 399
Join date : 2009-12-09
Age : 45
Location : Stocksbridge

http://steelschat.mrforum.net

Back to top Go down

Re: FC United 1 - Steels 4

Post  salkster on Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:20 pm

A really good performance yesterday. Weathered the storm for the first 15 mins and they got a really harsh penalty. Brilliant save from Oggie and we got back into the game. We have scored 4 in our last 3 games which is really pleasing to see. We wasn't this clinical in front of goal with Collins. I don't think the league table really shows where we should be. The performances in every game so far has been good and we could have quite easily won every game. Keep it up lads your doing great!
avatar
salkster
First Team Sub
First Team Sub

Posts : 219
Join date : 2009-12-16
Age : 25
Location : Deepcar

Back to top Go down

Re: FC United 1 - Steels 4

Post  Tim Malloy on Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:11 pm

Garth Revitt wrote:Hello all, long time no speak, mainly because certain peoples posts on here get me very, very angry. I’ve come out of retirement to comment on the last few games. Those of you who were lucky enough to witness the Marine game will know exactly what I mean when I say, one half was the worst I have seen the Steels play, then the next half was one of the best, how the hell does that work??? We came away in a mood as if we’d won, very strange?? Today against FCUM was magic, not to single players out but Oggy was tremendous between the posts, Haigh looked like he had been playing at the side of Brett for years and the back four as a group were solid and played extremely well. The new lad Dempsey slotted straight into the team and had a good game as did Hawesy. That was a total team performance today and was a pleasure to watch, well done lads. The last thing I posted was Gary would need a year to rebuild the team, after Collins had made a, (don’t swear Garth), err, pigs ear of our team, and then we would go for it. Well Gary’s done that in a few months with some very good signings indeed. Bring on the rest of the season I say. COME ON YOU MIGHTY STEELS!!!!

Very Happy

Oh! I do hope it's me. Laughing

Whilst I do agree on everything you say here, this side is shaping up nicely, lets not get too carried away yet. Saturday's performance was excellent indeed and much warranted, however, FCUM have now conceded all of their 15 goals against, in their last four defeats. FFS, even Collin's lot put in four against them. Add to that, our only other league wins were against the current bottom two clubs. We have yet to beat any side currently above us yet. Lets see how we do over the next fortnight with difficult fixtures against Halifax, Ferriby, Frickley and BPA. Six or seven points out of the next three league games will certainly makes us contenders and seriously bloody the noses of the so called "big boys". We are only a couple of points off a play-off position, but so are several other clubs. Need to beat the sides above and next to us to get there though. Bring it on!!!

Tim Malloy
Under 18
Under 18

Posts : 45
Join date : 2010-03-16

Back to top Go down

Re: FC United 1 - Steels 4

Post  Tim Burr on Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:33 am

Tim Malloy wrote:Add to that, our only other league wins were against the current bottom two clubs. We have yet to beat any side currently above us yet.

FCUM were above us before we played them on Saturday! Surely that was 'current' then?

Tim Burr
Under 18
Under 18

Posts : 43
Join date : 2010-03-23

Back to top Go down

Re: FC United 1 - Steels 4

Post  salkster on Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:38 am

Admin wrote:
To there credit though not one has called for the managers head even though he is tactically lacking in ideas, still can't understand why he took rocca off when he was the biggest threat.

I'm guessing you have been looking on the matchday thread. On the main forum they seem reluctant to call for the managers head because he seems to be a fans favourite. Take that status away from him and they would be calling for his head.
avatar
salkster
First Team Sub
First Team Sub

Posts : 219
Join date : 2009-12-16
Age : 25
Location : Deepcar

Back to top Go down

Re: FC United 1 - Steels 4

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum