Clubs Going Bust

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Clubs Going Bust

Post  David Bradley on Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:45 am

I see this morning that Crystal Palace have gone into adminstration. How many more are going to go bust apperntly there at least 1 premiership will go ( probably Portsmouth) and probably several more teams in lower leagues.
Over spending and too big loans to buy clubs,is the problem But what can the Authorities do about it?
David Bradley
First Teamer
First Teamer

Back to top Go down

Re: Clubs Going Bust

Post  Admin on Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:01 am

Leigh Genisis and Hucknall are in trouble as well according to the reports on other websites

Admin

http://steelschat.mrforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post  David Bradley on Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:24 am

The Football Conference has been advised in writing today (Tuesday 2nd March) by the Administrators overseeing the financial affairs of Farsley Celtic FC, that the club were unable to fulfil their fixture this evening away to AFC Telford in the Blue Square North.

As a consequence Farsley Celtic FC has been charged with a breach of Football Conference Rule 8.6 and have 7 days to respond to the charge.

The Football Conference has no further comment to make at this stage.
Yet another club on the brink of collapse!!
Northwich another team wo have entered adminstration.
Gloucster look like getting relegated because the ground is'nt up to scratch, looks like no -one will get relegated from the blue sq north. If this happens will teams get relegated or will more get promoted anyone any ideas.
David Bradley
First Teamer
First Teamer

Back to top Go down

Post  Gward on Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:29 am

Ashton united aswell maybe strugling very shortly
Gward
First Team Sub
First Team Sub

Back to top Go down

Post  David Bradley on Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:57 am

I hear on the grape vine that some clubs from higher leagues who have gone bust may end up in the unibond leaugue next season, Farsley, chester and stockport. If these teams have gone bust then they should start at the bottom of the football pyrimid and not thrown in our leauge. What do you guys think?
David Bradley
First Teamer
First Teamer

Back to top Go down

Post  Gward on Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:19 am

Should start right at the bottom
Gward
First Team Sub
First Team Sub

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:35 pm

It does bloody annoys me that they have the right to just appear in this league and then treat it with utter distain and snobbery, with comments like tin pot league (boston spring to mind) just because they have a league standard ground and large crowds.
Is as simple as this, live within your means pay the tax man and beware of 10 bob millionaires.

Admin

http://steelschat.mrforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post  salkster on Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:42 pm

Admin wrote:It does bloody annoys me that they have the right to just appear in this league and then treat it with utter distain and snobbery, with comments like tin pot league (boston spring to mind) just because they have a league standard ground and large crowds.
Is as simple as this, live within your means pay the tax man and beware of 10 bob millionaires.

Totally agree with you there pal. Though it looks like Stockport, Chester and Farsley are going to do the same. Does anyone know if Kings Lynn are going to do anything?
salkster
First Team Sub
First Team Sub

Back to top Go down

Post  David Bradley on Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:58 pm

salkster wrote:
Admin wrote:It does bloody annoys me that they have the right to just appear in this league and then treat it with utter distain and snobbery, with comments like tin pot league (boston spring to mind) just because they have a league standard ground and large crowds.

Totally agree with you there pal. Though it looks like Stockport, Chester and Farsley are going to do the same. Does anyone know if Kings Lynn are going to do anything?
I hear they will be back next season under a slightly different name F.A rules not sure what leauge though.
David Bradley
First Teamer
First Teamer

Back to top Go down

Post  David Bradley on Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:47 am

Did anyone read the Non Leauge paper today. The article today I'am refering to is the one about chester. 10 clubs in the blue square premier have applied for there points back and any team who hadn't played them would get 3 points. Apparently it happenend in the unibond leauge a few years ago, with Spennymoor, and this was upheld by the F.A. This has set precedant apparntly.

Should we apply for our points back under this rule we would be better off, as we were only a handful of teams that beat Kings Lynn that would make the end of the season intersting, I think 3 points behind Kendal.
David Bradley
First Teamer
First Teamer

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim Malloy on Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:44 pm

David Bradley wrote:Did anyone read the Non Leauge paper today. The article today I'am refering to is the one about chester. 10 clubs in the blue square premier have applied for there points back and any team who hadn't played them would get 3 points. Apparently it happenend in the unibond leauge a few years ago, with Spennymoor, and this was upheld by the F.A. This has set precedant apparntly.

Should we apply for our points back under this rule we would be better off, as we were only a handful of teams that beat Kings Lynn that would make the end of the season intersting, I think 3 points behind Kendal.

There is even bigger uproar in Blue Square North, following demise of Farsley Celtic, David. Leaders Fleetwood Town have been deducted 6 points for two wins against them, but second placed Southport, lose nothing for one defeat against them. Fleetwood naturally, are up in arms over this unfair advantage for Southport to clear the difference to only 2 points. Fleetwood have also sought legal advice over this now.

As for us in the Unibond, getting our points back would be nice, but both Buxton and Matlock would get them back as well, leaving us hardly better off. Kendal have 4 games in hand over us also. Under this seasons circumstances, a top 10 finish might look respectable for us, I would suggest.

Tim Malloy
Under 18
Under 18

Back to top Go down

Post  David Bradley on Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:00 pm

Tim Malloy wrote:
David Bradley wrote:Did anyone read the Non Leauge paper today. The article today I'am refering to is the one about chester. 10 clubs in the blue square premier have applied for there points back and any team who hadn't played them would get 3 points. Apparently it happenend in the unibond leauge a few years ago, with Spennymoor, and this was upheld by the F.A. This has set precedant apparntly.

There is even bigger uproar in Blue Square North, following demise of Farsley Celtic, David. Leaders Fleetwood Town have been deducted 6 points for two wins against them, but second placed Southport, lose nothing for one defeat against them. Fleetwood naturally, are up in arms over this unfair advantage for Southport to clear the difference to only 2 points. Fleetwood have also sought legal advice over this now.

As for us in the Unibond, getting our points back would be nice, but both Buxton and Matlock would get them back as well, leaving us hardly better off. Kendal have 4 games in hand over us also. Under this seasons circumstances, a top 10 finish might look respectable for us, I would suggest.

I know kendal have 4 games in hand but they have still got to win, and as for Buxton only a point behind and Matlock 3 points behind. Anyone can beat anyone in this leaugue its getting harder to predict the results. Lets finish top half and go out with a bang. A win on tuesday against Guisely would be a very good win against strong oppostion
David Bradley
First Teamer
First Teamer

Back to top Go down

Post  David Bradley on Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:01 pm

Looks like another non-league team is going bust. Rothwell Town of the Zamerrto league 1 have just 7 days to find a buyer or it will go under.
It never stops this season, I wonder if any will go after the season his finished. Somebody has got there work cut out putting the leagues together next season.
David Bradley
First Teamer
First Teamer

Back to top Go down

Post  David Bradley on Fri May 28, 2010 1:38 am

Read this morning that Ashton have lost their appeal and will now struggle to find funds for next season, and the newly formed chester have a month to find 50K. So does anyone think that Mr platini has done the right thing by telling clubs to have their books in order or they will not compete in europe. I pesonally think they should a certain amount give depending on which league your are in. e.g. Premership £1 mil, championship £750k, leaugue1 500k, and so on right down to the bottom of the football tier.
David Bradley
First Teamer
First Teamer

Back to top Go down

Post  Senior82 on Fri May 28, 2010 2:08 am

What about those cheating barstewards Portsmouth? Rack up a £120 million debt and then say we'll only pay back 20%. Well as your parachute payments are £48 million over the next four years i'd quite like the creditors to turn round and tell them where to stick the offer.

Senior82
Reserve Squad
Reserve Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  David Bradley on Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:43 pm

The start of the season is just over a month away and yet there is more uncertantity of clubs going bust and wound up. Hinckley from the blue square north and BPA although the tax bill has apparently been paid. Retford struggling with finaces. Theres probably more as well. It just makes a mockery of the relegation places if teams leave the league 1/2 way though because the bottom teams alaways get a reprive. They should be relegated and another promotion space made availiable, it will be much more exciting in the leagues if all of sudden a extra promotion place was up for grabs.
David Bradley
First Teamer
First Teamer

Back to top Go down

Post  David Bradley on Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:03 am

I was listening to Radio 5 last night and heard that the chairman of Orient put in a propasal of any team entering Adminstration should automatically go down two divisions. Only 17 of the 72 chairmen of the football league agreed to this. I think this is a great idea but I'd go one further and any team that goes actually bust should start right at the bottom of football pyramid, not put into our league and the one below.
David Bradley
First Teamer
First Teamer

Back to top Go down

Post  David Bradley on Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:11 am

How dissapointed we were when didn't get through in F.A. Trophy to meet Mansfield. But we could play them next season if they go into adminstation or don't play there games as they been locked out according to reports.

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mansfieldtown.net%2F&h=7155b
David Bradley
First Teamer
First Teamer

Back to top Go down

Post  David Bradley on Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:10 pm

Listening to talksport on the way home from yesterday and it sounds likme that Kidderminster is on the brink of going bust. Also Plymouth Argyle almost gone.
David Bradley
First Teamer
First Teamer

Back to top Go down

Post  salkster on Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:12 am

Plymouth have paid off their tax bill though.
salkster
First Team Sub
First Team Sub

Back to top Go down

Post  David Bradley on Mon May 09, 2011 1:47 pm

Glapwell on the brink now. How many will fold in the close season.
David Bradley
First Teamer
First Teamer

Back to top Go down

Post  salkster on Mon May 09, 2011 2:00 pm

How you know that?
salkster
First Team Sub
First Team Sub

Back to top Go down

Post  David Bradley on Mon May 09, 2011 2:03 pm

Pigeon mail Laughing
Read it on their website.
David Bradley
First Teamer
First Teamer

Back to top Go down

Post  David Bradley on Fri May 20, 2011 12:18 am

Burscough look more likely to drop out of the Northern League and into the Lancashire league after the supporters voted against ground sharing with Skelmsdale. A new club looks likely to be formed.
David Bradley
First Teamer
First Teamer

Back to top Go down

Post  David Bradley on Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:51 am

So Rushden and Diamonds have now gone I bet there is another before the start of season.
David Bradley
First Teamer
First Teamer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top