England Captaincy

View previous topic View next topic Go down

England Captaincy

Post  salkster on Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:55 am

John Terry has been stripped of the England captaincy today after the "alledged" affair with Wayne Bridge's missus. The fact that i've put alledged in quotation marks really means it's true as there is no denial and he is taking the flak for it. Personally I think stripping him of captaincy is wrong. True they are supposed to be role models but on the pitch there is no better captain than him which is where it counts. Another thing is that he has done it cos of off the field issues. He then replaces him with Ferdinand who in the past did drugs and will most likely name Gerrard as vice captain who had that fight and ended up in court for it. That seems quite strange to me. What are all your thoughts on it?
salkster
First Team Sub
First Team Sub

Back to top Go down

Re: England Captaincy

Post  David Bradley on Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:16 pm

Pesonally I think its right for him to have the captinacy stripped, he has no respect for Wayne Bridge which means no respect for his team mates. If he had an affair with someone outside football then it would be a diffenent matter but he was his team mate. Would never Question his captaincy but he has made big mistake and has paid for it.On Rio, he has paid for his mistakes and must with drug issue but I personnally don't think he is a captain. BBC campagin starts here,
BACK BECKHAM CAPTAINCY. and if you don't think he has it remember Greece at old trafford when he made it one man show to win the game.
David Bradley
First Teamer
First Teamer

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:45 pm

Ferdinand didn't do drugs he missed the random tests, when he took the test it proved negative. As Dave said he wasn't shagging a close friend and team mate’s girlfriend.

I believe being a football captain is more to do with being a role model, in cricket the captain makes all the on field tactical decisions and has a say in picking the squad in footy it tends to be the manager that does this. Look at Brett for instance how many times has he appeared in the press answering questions on behalf of the steels and doing photo’s he also turned up with Jamie to present the awards at the junior section presentation night. I know the kids that go to the footy do look up to the first team my lad always chooses the no5 because its Brett number and he is his favourite player like it or not the captain of any club has to be a role model and especially so when they are at Terry’s level.

Will it make a difference to the England set up who has the arm band? I'm not sure it will I am surprised its Ferdinand though as the captain should be one of the first names on the sheet and I don’t think Ferdinand’s is at the moment

Admin

http://steelschat.mrforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top